Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Progress - May 13th, 2009

Here are a few photos to show where I am at as of today.

All the plants you see in this photo were grown from seed. They were sown in November through January. I am having a pretty successful season. Starting with about 200 seedlings for the new landscape and the other gardens around the yard, I had only a few casualties. This also shows the grow bed I attached to the deck that is to be used as a planter for flowers.


Here is the grow bed area, with the other 3 grow beds. They are all made differently with respect to materials just to show the various ways you can build them.


The last 2 photos show the pond area. I am creating 2 ponds(one large and one smaller) with a waterfall/stream connecting them. I am almost ready to put the liner down. Notice the carpet used as underlayment to the liner for extra protection. A great way to keep an old carpet from the landfill while protecting your liner from damage. Some things are labeled in the photos.




I should have the pond up and running with limited filtration in about 2 - 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment