Friday, September 04, 2009

September Happenings

I finally fixed the leak in the third grow bed. I just need to trim the liner and fill it with rock. One more to go!

Even without the grow beds all functioning, the water has cycled well and is ready for some large fish. The smaller pond is full of many types of goldfish and won't need any more.

The large pond has just a few common goldfish and is awaiting some Catfish, Bluegill, and Largemouth Bass. The underwater plants in this pond are thriving as you can see in this photo.

Almost done with the final retaining wall and steps on the north-east side of the pond area.

Well, that is about it for now. I'll be trying to work on my other blog that will have step-by-step details on how I did everything soon. I was going to wait until I was completely done before starting the instructions for that blog. But I am so far behind that I am just going to start it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment