Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Dog Days of Summer...

Had a couple of days of nice weather but now it's back to the summer-like heat in the upper 90's. Was nice to get a lot of work done on the 2 nice days we had, working about 12 hours each day. Unfortunately summer just does not want to go away just yet.

Anyway, I made some good progress and should be ready for fish when I can find a local supplier. It's not as easy as you would think to get Bass and Catfish for a backyard pond. There are not too many places you can get live fish, and the places to get them are usually far away. I'll figure it out because more Goldfish are not an option for this project.

Some areas of completion over the last couple of weeks...

The third grow bed is fully functional. I put a few plants in it just so it doesn't look totally void of growth.


The North-East walkway is complete. I just need to put some plants on the borders for a better appearance.



And a couple of things I am working on...

Garden cleanup and Autumn planting time. This has nothing to do with the pond project, except it takes a lot of my time away from it.


The last grow bed. All I have to do is replace the liner, make a bulkhead for the auto-siphon, and then fill it with the rock I just purchased for it. The rock is going to be a pain in the ass because this bed is much higher than the other large bed. Definitely will have to wait for a cooler day, which, according to the local weather forecast, doesn't look anytime soon. The area below and behind the bed is the last area in need of landscaping. That will wait until after the system is fully functional because it will be a project onto itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment