Sunday, October 18, 2009

Grow Bed Comparison

Grow beds come in many shapes, sizes, and materials. Choosing the right type for you will depend on a few factors. Money, appearance, ease of setup, and frequency of maintainence are just to name a few. Let's compare the advantages and disadvantages for a few types used for larger systems... pre-made plastic beds, plastic barrels and containers, and wood with a liner.

Comparison chart:












Wood was really the only option for me. I wanted something that blended in well with the landscape and two of the beds attatched to the outside of my deck. You can see all four grow beds in the picture below.




As you can see, each bed was built with different types of wood and in different "styles". I did that because I might want to build and sell grow beds in the future, and this will give customers an idea of different options avaliable.

1 comment: